Hi!

I agree. function foo(array $x) {} foo(123); doesn't cast int(123) to
array(123) so introducing different meaning for scalar types feels
very very wrong.

Casting integers to arrays never happened in PHP. Casting strings to integers and back always happened. Including in internal functions. Now internal and user functions would work differently, and half of PHP would be dynamically typed while another half would be statically typed. I fail to see how it may be a good thing.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/