On Sun, May 23, 2010 9:33 pm, Etienne Kneuss wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 17:04, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:
>
>> As one of the key people who designed PHP's type system I consider
>> strict type checks completely alien to and counterintuitive in PHP and
>> am therefore pushing to implement 'weak' typing instead, in a way that's
>> consistent and familiar to users.
>
> -1, this table is very counter intuitive and is definitely not
> consistent with the rest of PHP. Either make it strict or loose but not
> halfway and in a bizarre way.

I agree. I added to the RFC a table with the current behavior of current
behavior of zend_parse_parameters (not sure if I should, feel free to move
it elsewhere). There are many differences between two. I think the
conversions should either be the same or it should be strict.

Are users supposed to distinguish "string" as it appears in the
documentation from this new "string" in the functions' declaration? Adding
another inconsistency to PHP is not a very good idea, in my opinion.

--
Gustavo Lopes