Thanks Dmitry - that's great.

Also thanks to Stas for his reply.

Chris

Dmitry Stogov wrote:
Hi Chris,

I've added notes for extension maintainers.
I hope they will answer all your questions.

Thanks. Dmitry.

Christopher Jones wrote:

Dmitry Stogov wrote:
 >>  > http://wiki.php.net/rfc/runtimecache
 >>  >
>> > The patch breaks binary and source compatibility but it's not hard to
 >>  > adopt extensions to use it.

 >> Hi Dmitry,
 >>
 >> Can update the RFC to explain the breakage and
 >
 > It's clear from the patch. The same is explained in RFC in human
 > language, but it's not so exact :)

The RFC should give enough explanation so (i) extension maintainers
can immediately identify if their extension is going to be affected
(ii) readers know where to look in the patch to get more details.

If I understand what you implied later in your email, calls to
zend_hash_copy should be replaced with calls to
object_properties_init.  Is this always true?  Is this the only
extension requirement?  What happens if extensions don't do this -
will it break or be a performance loss?

I must be looking at a different RFC because there's nothing I can see
that mentions any of these things.

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com