Hi,

Apparently, the discussion is not looking like it will end up in a
general agreement. I'd suggest the following:

1) Since it seems that there is concerns about the current
auto-casting RFC (inconsistencies, when/what errors, etc..), I believe
it's authors should refine the RFC to propose what they want in a more
precise way, unless what is available is exactly what they want, in
which case they should state it. In my opinion, it should include:
- The complete set of rules to apply
- In case it is not like it is done internally, whether we should make
it consistent (e.g. change the way arguments are passed to internal
functions)
- In which case an error is triggered, and what errors/exception
- If the current hints of arrays/objects should be relaxed somehow
(i.e. ArrayObject instance accepted for an "array" argument)

2) For strict typing, I believe it is clear about what it does.
However, there is still room for discussion on:
- Whether all types "hints" should be available (or, e.g. only numeric/scalar)
- What errors/exception to trigger

so, it would be nice to update the RFC(s), so that we have a solid
ground on which we can discuss/vote.

Best,

--
Etienne Kneuss