As far as I can see as a user PDO is quite dead and it's missing much
of new database functionality. Just compare it to mysqli and other
vendor specific extensions witch are developed all the time.
Until there is no  dedicated work for all PDO supported databases
there is no point in adding features to one db driver because you
essentially get the same as standalone PostgreSQL library minus the
PDO overhead (especially in terms of memory, LOTS of memory).

I think PHP developers should decide on PDO as a whole. For me, as an
end developer, PDO is something I don't consider using because of
limitations and huge memory overhead, especially in complex systems.