Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
- setting up a (free) build environment for php on windows is PITA. at
least that was it, when I did last time.
there are multiple how-to, but almost all of them is outdated.
thanks again to Pierre ( http://www.php.net/~pierre/
<http://www.php.net/%7Epierre/> ) for manually building some extensions
for windows

and AFAIK there is some problem with building the extension for the VC6
or VC9 builds:

I have a dedicated machine with it all on simply because it destroys my Borland development environment if I put the free M$ stuff any where near it :( But I'm building 64bit-VC9 stuff to go with the 64bit Apache builds - which is yet another spanner. I have to rely on others for the 32bit builds ... which is why a simple complete download would be nice.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL