On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 18:49 +0800, Adam Harvey wrote:
> Johannes has pointed out on IRC that E_NONE does already exist in some
> projects, so that's an argument against it.

Yeah, I did a quick code search, which gave some results defining a
constant with that name. This means adding this in 5.3 would be a
annoyance and upgrading from X.Y.(Z-1) to X.Y.Z should be a no
brainer ... on the other hand the fact that people are defining such a
constant and the bug report show that there is some need.

I myself don't see a point in a constant for an empty bit mask. As an
empty bit mask means 0 ... on the other hand it doesn't cost us much.

So, I'm +/- 0 on this for trunk.

johannes