On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:14:05AM -0700, Stas Malyshev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >use an E_ constant with error_reporting" and not have the current
> >situation where sometimes you use a constant (or constants) and
> >sometimes you use a bare number, depending on what you want to
> >achieve.
>
> What's wrong with using 0? 0 means "nothing", how hard is that? `

Nothing wrong in using 0, but it would be much more elegant to
stick to constants all from the same family. Someone already
figured that out:

 $ php -r 'print_r(get_defined_constants());' | grep ' 0' | wc -l
89

Anyway, my opinion is I would like E_NONE in next major release,
and I would also like E_ALL to be extended to include E_DEPRECATED and
E_STRICT, instead of adding a really bogus E_DEVELOPMENT or E_EVERYTHING.

Please also note that E_* indicates a single error channel, with the
exception of E_ALL and possibly E_NONE if it gets added. I would avoid
adding more E_* constants which don't represent a single channel. I
would find it confusing.

2c

--
Giovanni Giacobbi