Hi Derick,

I'm all for it.
Although I have karma, I'm not an active PHP core contributor, but I
would like to participate of such discussion, mainly because I have
plenty experience with Annotations from another languages.

I'll spend some time re-reading the entire Annotations thread and come
up with another proposal at the right time.

Regards,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The RFC on annotations for PHP http://wiki.php.net/rfc/annotations
> suggests to add new syntax to the language to provide meta data for use
> in reflection. This sort of meta data is usually provided in the form of
> docblocks, which this RFC does *not* state isn't good enough.
>
> The discussion on the mailinglist did not provide a clear consensus for
> either for or against. We could put this up for a vote, but I feel that
> that is not useful right now, because a few issues needs to be sorted
> out first. First, where we actually require annotations (over the
> current practise of using docblocks); and secondly whether we really
> want to introduce another syntax into the PHP scanners and parsers.
>
> For now I would suggest that this proposal needs to be sorted out before
> we can even suggest of putting it in PHP 5.4.
>
> cheers,
> Derick
>
> --
> http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org