presid...@basnetworks.net wrote:
Its a defacto standard.  Of course there is nothing stopping PHP from
implementing properties that way, but by going against the standard set by
the rest of the industry, it is very confusing for programmers coming from
other languages to learn PHP.  A good example is how "==" works
differently in PHP than in other languages.  In PHP, "===" works like "=="
does everywhere else.  "(string)'0' == (int)0", for example is true in
PHP, but false in most other languages.  I have had countless
conversations with PHP developers who claim the language is "broken",
because == does not work like they expect it to, after which I have to
explain === to them.  This is because PHP goes against the defacto
standard.  Maybe it would have been better if == and === had the opposite
meaning, as to not squash the standard?

You have got me there.
= is assign
== is equal value
=== is equal type and value

At least on all the languages I've been using recently ... where is this a
problem?

Also isset() makes perfect sense when you have NULL values coming from a database. unset then kicks a NULL back to the database if updating. The varable exists but has a NULL value ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL