>> /**
>>  *
>>  */
>> public function set name(string $name) {
>>    $this->name = htmlentities($name);
>>    $this->name = strip_tags($this->name);
>> }
>>
>> /**
>>  *
>>  */
>> public function get name($name) {
>>    return $this->name;
>> }
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Christian
>>

> For whatever it's worth, I think that this syntax fits much better
> into PHP than do either of the those in the RFC.

I feel that the downfall of this syntax, is that the get and set methods
can easily be scattered at either end of a class definition.  With the
syntaxes I provided, it is easy to tell which of the methods a property
has defined at a quick glance, because everything is in on spot.

Additionally, public/private/protected/final/abstract/etc only has to be
specified once on the property (but can be specified separately! - see the
RFC).  This means less to read, and clearer, cleaner syntax.

Lastly, I think that grouping the two methods just makes sense, because a
property is one conceptual object, not two.  Separating the two methods
makes as much sense logically as does separating a class definition into
two parts.

- Dennis