> presid...@basnetworks.net wrote:
>> I feel that the downfall of this syntax, is that the get and set methods
>> can easily be scattered at either end of a class definition.  With the
>> syntaxes I provided, it is easy to tell which of the methods a property
>> has defined at a quick glance, because everything is in on spot.
>>
>> Additionally, public/private/protected/final/abstract/etc only has to be
>> specified once on the property (but can be specified separately! - see
>> the
>> RFC).  This means less to read, and clearer, cleaner syntax.
>>
>> Lastly, I think that grouping the two methods just makes sense, because
>> property is one conceptual object, not two.  Separating the two methods
>> makes as much sense logically as does separating a class definition into
>> two parts.
>>
>> - Dennis
> Grouping the get and set is a good convention. But grouping all the gets
> (doing
> pretty similar things) and all the sets can be as good as it. You would
> need to
> enter into each class/project to see which convention fits better.

Grouping all the gets and all the sets can already be done using __get and
__set.  That is great when dealing with collections of data, but not good
at all for dealing with individual properties.

They are both meant for different situations, and I think would live quite
happily along side each other.  Because of that, I think grouping the
get/set of an individual property is the best approach possible.

- Dennis