Alain Williams wrote:
On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:53:08AM +0100, Andrey Hristov wrote:

Is copying the POST variables into another variables best practice (like a
manual register_globals)? In the global scope of the application I think
it's cleaner to work with $_POST to overwrite the values than copying the
items into variables. Inside a function/method, I agree that it's best
practice to pass $_POST as a parameter and then overwrite the values as you
need.
$_POST is POST, incoming variables, everything else is a hack. If you expect that the variable might change then copy it, at least someone this will signal that the value might have been changed somewhere.

What is the real difference between operating on $_POST directly
and some other copy of it ? Not everyone writes huge, complicated scripts
written by many different people.

conceptual. If it is a copy it means something was changed, right?

Andrey