hi,

The more I look at this option the more I think it is confusing. I'm
not sure the gain is worth this confusion either. However I would
prefer to bring back a proposal we had a couple of years ago, to
totally disable post data. When disabled, the POST data will be
totally ignored, no matter if php://input, raw data or whatever other
ways we may have to access it. The data given by the server/sapi will
be ignored.

This option has the benefit to be very simple and solves one known
attack vector in a very clean way.

Cheers,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Gustavo Lopes <glo...@nebm.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 07:08:34 -0000, Gustavo Lopes <glo...@nebm.ist.utl.pt>
> wrote:
>
>> The very simple attached patch adds an option to disable POST data
>> processing, which implies the data can only be read in a stream fashion
>> through php://input.
>>

> I've committed to trunk the patch with the name of the ini option changed
> from disable_post_data_processing to enable_post_data_reading.
>
> --
> Gustavo Lopes
>
> --

Pierre