Hi Rasmus,

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:
> On 05/09/2011 07:44 AM, guilhermebla...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> - Annotations
>>
>> I already proposed a patch and none here discussed. You rather
>> preferred to shout "PHP doesn't need Annotations" instead of discuss
>> the patch that was proposed.
>
> If someone doesn't agree that annotations belong in PHP why do the details
> of the patch matter?

The actual concern is that someone didn't agree with that and (re-read
the thread to comment this), also confirmed that never used
Annotations and have a "very superficial knowledge" of the
possibilities, than to me it's more than clear to me that it's not a
valid opinion. If it is for you, then PHP has a problem.

>> PS: I think that internals mailing list should be revised with all
>> proposed ideas and wrap them on a better plan.
>> It seems to me that you are not interested on user's request and
>> rather accept/implement only what the features that interest you. It's
>> very bad for the language and very bad for all of users.
>
> That's simply not true. But just because one group of users feel strongly
> about something doesn't mean it should go in. There has to be some level of
> curation or we end up with every feature under the sun resulting in a huge
> mess.

Are you sure?
Please take a look at every topic defined on wiki page. Is there ANY
topic to be discussed that came from userland?
If you say yes, please point me to the thread. What I clearly see
there is that every feature defined there came from users with php-src
karma.
Now I re-ask you, are you really sure it's only a small group that
want something or do you now confirm that only php-src users have
relevance on features request?

--
Guilherme Blanco
Mobile: +55 (16) 9215-8480