From: Dmitry Stogov [mailto:dmi...@zend.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:08 AM
To: Pierre Joye
Cc: PHP internals
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Final version, RFC release process

Hi,

In my opinion a restriction "API compatibility must be kept (internals
and userland)" for x.y.z to x.y+1.z is too strict. It just can block
some new features forever.

I would suggest to change "API compatibility must be kept" to "API
backward compatibility must be kept as much as possible".

Thanks. Dmitry.