Martin Scotta

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <
weierophin...@php.net> wrote:

> On 2011-06-01, Sean Coates <s...@seancoates.com> wrote:
> > > Now, the only reason I would personally support the array shortcut is
> > > if it was an implementation of JSON.  I know that's not on the table
> > > here
> >
> > I don't think anything is officially off the table, unless we forego
> > discussion.
> >
> > My application is largely JSON-powered. We pass data from back- to
> > front-end via JSON, we interact with MongoDB via the extension (which
> > is an altered JSON-like protocol (arrays instead of objects), but
> > would be a lot more fluent with actual objects—they're just too hard
> > to make in current PHP), and we interface with ElasticSearch. The
> > paste I linked earlier is our primary ElasticSearch query.
> >
> > The benefits of first-class JSON are important and wide-reaching;
> > especially when interacting with systems like the ones I've mentioned.
> > There's a huge amount of value in being able to copy JSON out of PHP
> > and into e.g. CURL to make a query to ElasticSearch without worrying
> > that I've accidentally nested one level too deep or shallow, or
> > accidentally mistranslating my arrays into JSON.
> >
> > This is not about saving five characters every time I type array(),
> > it's about making my systems all work together in a way that's a
> > little less abstracted, and a lot less prone to error.
>
> *applause*
>
> Well, said, Sean. Basically, this discussion should be likened to
> adding SimpleXML to PHP -- providing tools that make interoperability
> with other systems or languages simpler.

I don't believe this discution will lead to something.

1) Core devs don't want to change the langt.
...and linked with the "modern" bundle thread...
2) if you get this feature in the php version --let's say-- 5.4, it will not
be installed on your shared hosting.

equals) feature not available