On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Sean,
>
> In any case I would do it anyway.
>
> Whether it can make it to 5.4 or not is another question and I can't
> give you an answer. But doing it anyway will finally clear this point.
> We have to re do the short array syntax as well.
>
> From my side it will be a -1 as I really don't think having json
> syntax is a good thing. For the object, why not, but I would love to
> have a way to do it for all kind of classes, not only stdclass :) But
> that should be another thread :)

Although I like sean's RFC doc my two cents is:

We already have inline array syntax with array( .. ) wrapped around
it. I still wouldn't mind the [ ... ] syntax.

For stdclass objects we have nothing like this, and would be happy to
see the object literals idea pushed forward even if the array one is
rejected. The wrapper syntax proposed by sean is { ... } just like JS,
however to be consistent with array() I wouldn't mind seeing $o =
object( .... ) just like $a = array( ... )

Overall, I'm with sean, but wanted to give my opinion on what we
already have and to push the idea of object(...)

Thanks,
Paul Dragoonis.