hi,

The 4.x plans went a bit to nowhere while there are good ideas in there.

Moving the user cache out of the opcode cache is one of them. At the
same time we could prepare something to have a driver based (simple)
cache API. I plan to add persistent caching in the next couple of
month so I may do this as well, as long as Gopal or Rasmus are fine
with the idea.

--
Pierre