On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM, dukeofgaming <dukeofgam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes, I believe we should stop this stream of alternative syntax proposals
>> > and concentrate on fixing existing functionality instead of adding less
>> readable ways to do
>> > the same thing. I would really like to keep PHP code easily readable, not
>> to turn it into
>> > perl-ish write-only gibberish.
>>
>> 100% agreed, both about the cryptic nature of the proposed syntax and
>> the need to focus on fixing existing issues. Strong -1 on a new
>> syntax.

> Aye, just realized watching the |=> reminded me of perl... say, I think that
> is what an aneurysm feels like.

One of the downsides to a language like perl was its Readability,
fancy magic symbols and lack of readability in its source code. PHP
has the opposite, very clear and readable C-like code. If PHP moves
towards a more magic syntax language then it would be
counter-productive.

Closures are quirky enough to wrap your eyes/mind around. Making these
more cryptic is very counter-productive.

Like mentioned, the amount of typing is not a problem, its more so
waiting on things to transfer, commit..etc

Very big -1 for me on this one. Please don't let a plethora of PHP
devs release code with this syntax.

Regards,
Paul Dragoonis.