On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> A previous poster claimed that a DVCS would lead to confusion as to what the
> canonical repository was.  That is, in my experience, a common fear of
> someone who has not used a DVCS in production.

Disclaimer: I haven't committed to PHP in years, but since my last
commit, I have worked with a lot of DVCS systems.

The whole *point* of DVCS (IMNSHO) is that the concept of "canonical
repository" is part of the *problem*, not part of the *solution*.

Here's a pretty good talk by some random guy (1:10:15 worth) on the
topic about juggling lots of code sources, and canonical
"authorities", and conflicting trees:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

(Apologies if this has already been posted upthread)