Hi!

On 9/2/11 11:03 AM, Ulf Wendel wrote:
please, always test against the latest and greatest. Otherwise you'll be
testing against libmysql versions that are not going to see any updates.

5.1 is still a supported version of Mysql. It is run on many production servers, so I think we must support it - it's no use to run tests on the bleeding edge versions while production runs different ones. And production DB servers are upgraded very rarely, especially since 5.1 is still supported and good enough for many users. Having tests that run only on one version is next to useless, since that means I'd never know if the code actually works in production - which is the point of having the tests! If some specific test tests some fix that available only since specific version - the test must be marked as such and be skipped or disable the missing function in version that is too old. I'm not saying we should support all Mysql versions since the start of the project - but I do not see how 5.1 can be excluded.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/