Am 02.09.2011 20:27, schrieb Stas Malyshev:

On 9/2/11 11:03 AM, Ulf Wendel wrote:
please, always test against the latest and greatest. Otherwise you'll be
testing against libmysql versions that are not going to see any updates.

5.1 is still a supported version of Mysql. It is run on many production
servers, so I think we must support it - it's no use to run tests on the

Stas,

I'm not arguing about test portability or the like. All I'm after is the counterpart to the checkbox entry "Try a snapshot (PHP x.y) (Feedback)", as found at bugs.php.net :-).

This is no more than a friendly request to check against latest and greatest to avoid hitting bugs already fixed in libmysql. Latest GA is 5.1.58, if I'm not mistaken, http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.1.html . You are testing again 5.1.4x. Generally speaking, libmysql 5.1.4x won't see updates, just like PHP 5.2 won't.

Regarding test portability ... you probably can imagine how annoyed I have been when orginally writing tests and hitting non portable stuff, deperately trying to actually test for something.

Ulf