On 09/04/2011 05:28 AM, Gustavo Lopes wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 04:05:32 +0100, Kalle Sommer Nielsen<ka...@php.net>
wrote:

2011/9/3 Arpad Ray<array...@gmail.com>:
- Variable declarations should always begin a block, some platforms
will bork otherwise.

Actually this is required for the C standard, the early ones that we
use in PHP, whereas C++ allows them anywhere in a block, like PHP does
:)

By the way, since committing code with mixed declarations is a frequent
problem -- GCC accepts it even without -std=C99 yet the Windows builds are
broken --, we could make GCC treat this as an error with:

-Werror=declaration-after-statement

Thanks, I've compiled it with this parameter and I've fixed those mistakes.

DISCLAIMER: I know playing around with CFLAGS in config.m4 is bad, those bits will be removed as documented in the lines right above that

What else could I improve, beside the bits I already know about, which are documented in the code (as TODOs) and in TODO.txt?

Cheers,
Flavius