> What I am really hearing in this thread is some people have interest in a
> way to easily access the __COMPILER_HALT_OFFSET__

Well, not exactly for me : I'm not interested strictly on getting the
offset. I'm more interested in doing generic static code analysis, and part
of that is getting the halt offset, amongst many other data coming from
tokens.

The big pb with the fix applied since 5.3.6 is that we can not do that
anymore without many complications.

So in this way, I agree with Nikita, the second aspect of the patch (getting
the binary data in a T_INLINE_HTML) is not a necessity, thought that may
help.

But the first aspect of the patch (counting 3 semantic tokens after
T_HALT_COMPILER) is really needed. That would just give us back the
power/feature we have lost since 5.3.6.

So my request would be : pleeeease apply the patch counting 3 semantic
tokens for 5.4 asap, then we can discuss the remaining later for the shake
of completeness of the discussion.

Nicolas