hi,

2011/10/6 Johannes Schlüter <johan...@schlueters.de>:

> I think 5.3 is fine, too. But please extend the test a bit. The current
> one will pass even if the process segfaults. At least print something at
> the end.

I think it is not safe for 5.3. While the patch looks trivial or
harmless, it is in an area where the consequences of a new bug, even
for an edge case, can be very bad. The ratio risk/benefit is high,
especially when it is only about fixing a strict warning. I would
rather wait (maybe 5.4 last RC or final) before applying it to 5.3. We
don't need a 5.3.7/8 again :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre