On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:

> Nobody's blocking anything.

See the votes, that's pretty much us vs the rest. And it is not the
1st time (happened already in the past before we had the RFC process,
so it will become more and more visible.

>> And as far as I can see, the RFC is approved as of now.
>
> It's 19:17 and the vote is not even closed -

hence the "as of now". But you did not give it a single change by
killing it with RC1 without the patch, while we agreed on getting it
in if it was approved.

> that's what we are calling
> consensus now? because it looks like exactly what I was afraid of when we
> discussed voting starts to happen - the "I have 50%+1, I won, anyone who
> doesn't like it can shut up" phenomenon, which can't be healthy.

As per definition there will always have 50% +1, or 60% +1, or
whatever else. As of language changes it requires more than 50%+1. But
what I call a consensus is to have the ability to non legacy
developers to propose something and gets it accepted even if we, the
legacy developers, stick to our old ideas and views. And so far it
works well, due to developers changing their minds with the time and
new contributors.

Cheers,
--
Pierre