On 11/10/11 8:19 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:

What amazes me is this exact argument. We never had, in the whole PHP
history, so many leading projects agreeing on something, together and
propose it to the core. I, for one, have been waiting for that to
happen for years (PEAR, etc.), and now that it is happening, what do
we do? 'No thanks', for whatever reasons. That's so wrong.

Actually it's the second. The first big agreement was GoPHP5, which is how we finally buried PHP 4. :-) Sadly that momentum didn't continue (in part my fault).

--Larry Garfield