2012/1/19 Ángel González <keis...@gmail.com>:

> Actually, why couldn't mingw be supported one day?
> (supposing someone did the work to change half the PHP_WIN defines to
> PHP_MSVC)

Too painful, somehow buggy (while it is way better lately) but the
main reason is total lack of binary compatibility with supported VC
versions. And we do not have the resources to provide support for more
than one compiler version at a time.

> Such binaries wouldn't be compatible with IIS, but mingw seems preferible to
> the
> legacy VC6 for use with the oficial Apache binaries.

There is no such thing like "official apache binaries", they provide
some as conveniences.

--
Pierre