Hi,

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 17:02 -0800, Kris Craig wrote:
> Opening discussion on RFC pertaining to adding a new option to the
> configure script with regard to how/whether APXS touches the httpd.conf
> file.
>
> This is my first RFC post so please go easy on me if I screwed-up on
> procedure in any way.  =)
>

> Here it is:  https://wiki.php.net/rfc/apxs-loadmodule

A bit history:

The svn revision r192467 had this comment:

- Changed -a to -A to prevent enabling PHP in httpd.conf automatically.
# Most distributions use separate file in a conf.d/ directory to enable
# PHP, using -a would add unnecessary line in the main httpd.conf and
# causes a warning during startup.

This was reverted in r194843

- Revert -a to -A change, bad idea: It disables EXISTING lines too!

I think we should be careful there.

johannes