@Johannes Agreed.  That was one of the reasons I decided to make the
existing behavior (i.e. "-a") the default.

I haven't independently confirmed that issue in APXS but I have heard it
mentioned before; I'll test it myself when I get home just to make sure,
since the APXS docs are a bit vague on this.

Either way, I think so long as our documentation is clear and the existing
behavior is default then it shouldn't pose a problem.

--Kris