Hi!

I am think(actually drafting) about the compilation system of PHP scripts.
I want to make a native C extension which is able to compile the scripts in
the Zend Engines opcodes and execute directly when called.

The extension may have two functions.

bool gpc_compile($source, $target): compile file to opcodes.
mixed gpc_import($target) Include file to current script.

Just FYI: such products already exist. Besides APC that was mentioned, there's Zend Guard (commercial), ioncube encoder (commercial), bcompiler and maybe more.
Out of curiosity - why you want to do this?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/