Hi!

Would it be worth while to discuss the possibility of LTS releases
(Long Term Support) with 5 or 7 year support (from time of initial
release)...?

It is fine to discuss it and you can still support PHP 4 now if you want to, but who's going to be doing it otherwise? I wouldn't really want to spend time on fixing 7-year-old PHP version (that'd be like 4.4 now). So we need to approach it with the view of the resources we have. I hope move to Git will make the technical part much easier (merging patches between branches in git is like 2 orders of magnitude faster), but still one has to spend time on backporting, etc.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/