On 2012-03-07, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --f46d044304ec4e135704baa12342
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Kiall Mac Innes <ki...@managedit.ie> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Drak <d...@zikula.org> wrote:
>>
> I know I keep promising to draft an RFC for this lol, so I'll make it a
> high priority to put together an RFC for a PHP Git branching model sometime
> this week[end].

There is no need for that. PHP will continue to use release branches
with optional feature branches. We are doing one step at a time and
have people adopt the changes slowly. We are after all a large project
and a lot of contributors cannot spend hours of reading into a VCS
and a new branching model. So we are slowly moving towards new models.

After all I see no need to do it differently. You can use whatever
branching model you want in your personal github repository and then
send a final pull request that can be merged. Adding complexity
to the main repository for no reason is not needed. Keep the
complexity in your personal repositories. That is after all
one of the main benefits of a decentralized version control system.