Alan Knowles

You should consider the fact that some E_STRICT stuff can one day
become E_WARNING or E_FATAL. For example calling a static method
dynamically - I would bet that someday this thing will be moved to be
a run-time fatal error and fix those if I make a mistake of doing
that.
Or not setting the timezone in php.ini or in the code. If I'm not
mistaken the TZ guessing code was removed and now UTC time is used by
default despite the server TZ set. Some unexpected results can and
will come out of this. And it's a E_STRICT warning.

So really, consider kicking developer buts to fix the issues, or one
day you will find that app will not work with the new version of PHP
until it's fixed.