Comment in-line below...

On Wednesday, March 07, 2012 07:10 AM, Simon Schick wrote:
Hi,:

It got quite around that because we have some RFCs to this where the
functionality seems to be defined as the people thought it should be.
Otherwise they can raise their hands and write a mail that they want to
update the RFC - but as there's no one doing that, I think we're quite
close to what we wanted.

Take a look at it and feel free to add your ideas in this thread.
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/parameter_type_casting_hints
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/object_cast_to_types

Been watching this for a while, got slightly interested in the parameter casting thing, but then ran a little test
http://www.roojs.com/examples/types.php

Casting on PHP may help the code inside the function, but the result is some weird and wonderful magic for the calling code, not to mention that the docs for (int) casting say the behavior may change, don't expect it to work like that forever..

You could try some kind of stricter casting. Where odd conversions between array/object <-> bool/int/float/string do not work on parameter casting .. but then you end up with two types of casting ...

Anyway, will go back to lurking for a while..

Regards
Alan

Bye
Simon