> Hi,
>
> It got quite around that because we have some RFCs to this where the
> functionality seems to be defined as the people thought it should be.
Otherwise they can raise their hands and write a mail that they want to update
the RFC - but as there's no one doing that, I think we're quite close to what
we wanted.

> Take a look at it and feel free to add your ideas in this thread.
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/parameter_type_casting_hints
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/object_cast_to_types
>
> Bye
> Simon

Sorry, I disagree. This is nowhere close IMO, and silence doesn't denote
consent in this case. I actually basically stopped participating when it became
apparent that people were determined to rush head first into creating a doomed
RFC without any process to ensure that historical arguments were considered and
addressed, with minimal attention to feedback, and with no concern for syntax
(proposed syntax is as bad as the namespace syntax).

I'm in favor of addressing the type hinting issue, but I'm opposed to this RFC.
It is crippled, confusing, and has a plethora of unaddressed issues. The object
cast has similar problems, and although I recognize the value of this sort of
functionality, the current proposal seems to mostly ignore a number of critical
problems that were raised when it was discussed on the mailing list.

John Crenshaw
Priacta, Inc.