On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 17:05:19 +0100, Michael Morris <dmgx.mich...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/changes_to_include_and_require

Since the reaction to the first of the two suggestions was largely
negative I've withdrawn it for now to focus on the second of the two
changes.  In all honestly, these two suggestions should have had
independent RFC's from the start.

Of the two suggestions this one has the more profound implications to
the language even if it is simpler to implement.  Thoughts?

How exactly would this be useful?

The purpose of namespaces is to avoid collision of symbols. Are you saying they did not solve this problem and you have to rename already namespaced files?

I also don't understand your template argument. Why would you need to namespace templates? Typically they are included from inside a function (and therefore don't change/access the global namespace).

I only see some usefulness as a transitional measure, which would save from namespacing 'legacy' libraries. But PHP 5.5 seems a bit late to introduce such measure.

--
Gustavo Lopes