On Thu, March 8, 2012 5:13 am, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 11:06:56AM +0200, Arvids Godjuks wrote:
>> > Type hints are meant to
>> > filter input from external sources
>>
>> Correction, it should read like this:
>> Type hints are _not_ meant to filter input from external sources
>
> +1
>
> What they will do is to catch where input from external sources has
> NOT been
> correctly filtered -- but that should be a rare event and indicative
> of a bug.

While everybody here routinely filters all input, you're living in a
dream world if you think un-filtered data is a rare event.

It's still a bug, but definitely not rare.

Or perhaps you meant "that should be a rare event if we want all PHP
apps to be well-written" rather than "that should be a rare event in
terms of BC"

--
brain cancer update:
http://richardlynch.blogspot.com/search/label/brain%20tumor