On 03/19/2012 11:34 AM, Kris Craig wrote:

I noticed that the workflow page recommends using the SSH URL for cloning.
However, isn't that one much more limited access?  I.e. for myself at
least, it just prompts for a password (presumably for the SSH "git" user)
which of course I don't have.  Is there a reason why that's recommended or
is it just a typo?  If the latter, I'd be inclined to change it to the SSL
(i.e. https) URL (which the FAQ recommends for clone/push and utilizes
php.net credentials) to minimize confusion.

Which exact bit are you talking about, and did you check the page commit
history?

I added https:// because git: is not usable from where I am.

I believe from your emails you have more git experience than me, and I
know you've been asked several times to contribute to the docs: go do it.

Chris

--
Email: christopher.jo...@oracle.com
Tel:  +1 650 506 8630