This is a very similar process to what OpenStack uses, it seems to work
well for them.

They have a few guys on freenode in #openstack-infra that have shown
themselves more than willing to go into detail about their setup and its
pro/con's..

It would be worth asking them for their experience...

Thanks,
Kiall

Sent from my phone.