On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm referring to is the same kind of bugfixes/etc that go into new
> release candidates.  I mean, we're still planning on having multiple
> release candidates before an actual release, right?  If so, then obviously
> we'll need a way to commit those changes.  If they're not made on the RC
> branch, then where were you thinking they should go, and how would we then
> apply those bugfixes to the 5.4 trunk if not through a merge?

Referring again to how openstack manages this (because I personally feel
they have nailed it)..

Any commit that should be applied to the RC should also be applied to
master/trunk, right? So - Why not commit it to master/trunk and nominate it
for inclusion in the release. This allows a release manager to look at the
bug, the fix, and the implications of of the fix before the fix lands in
the RC.

Once a commit has been made to master/trunk.. That fix can be cherry-picked
into the RC if it's deemed suitable.

Thanks,
Kiall