Am 24.04.2012 14:27, schrieb jpauli:
I understand your thoughts, but I disagree as I think it would be much
more clean to expose it via mysqlnd_***() API than through each MySQL
ext (and for PDO that would be even more dirty). That would as well
add more and more #ifdef MYSQLND inside their source...
I was thinking the same way libxml2 API is provided inside ext/libxml
instead of through each PHP XML extension API.

A fourth MySQL API is not my goal. There's enough confusion with three of them already.

Ulf