2012.07.11 23:07, Pierre Joye rašė:
> hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>> I'd to go with master only with this patch, not like it is a huge
>>> issue either (% wised I mean).
>>
>> It's a huge issue for people using these locales (PHP is unusable for
>> them, as I understand), but how many use those I don't know.
>
> Right, just like some functions are huge issues for the few people using them.
>
> If it is not good enough for 5.3, it is not good enough for 5.4.

It is not about issues with functions. It is about PHP interpreter
operating under assumption that locale sensitive strtolower and
strtoupper follow basic US English letter case rules in a-zA-Z range.
That's huge mistake for code used in international environment and
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is smiling in his grave every time some programmer
hits that problem.

You had less complex patch posted on #35050 bug report for the last four
years.

Code already uses (or used when I was looking at that code) locale
insensitive tolower version on Windows. Why you insist on using locale
sensitive function on other platforms.

--
Tomas