2012.07.18. 18:55, "Stas Malyshev" <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> ezt írta:

> Hi!
>
> > Er, sorry, accidental capslock. This IS a new API. That was an example.
> > I'm not saying just put -> everywhere, I'm saying we can keep array_*
> > and add a new set of -> functions which are well-designed, consistent,
etc.

> What "this"? So far I didn't see any single message discussing anything
> about any API. All I see is discussing how we should have -> syntax
> working on arrays and strings. IMO this is exactly the wrong place to
> start, if your goal is to improve the API (if your goal is to have
> "sexy" syntax, it's fine but then I do not see this goal as worthy). The
> right place to start would be the API.
>
> --
> Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
> SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/
> (408)454-6900 ext. 227
>
> --

Maybe we could introduce a new namespace for the new api instead of turning
the new api oop only (or using objects for groupping static stateless
functions into objects only to hint that they are working with the same
variable types).

Combining this with the previously mentioned lets turn namespaces to first
class citizens and allowing exporting whole namespaces to the current scope
would make it possible to make the new api available in the global scope if
needed.
Ofc this still would be a huge task to rethink/reshape our current api.