On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Hannes Magnusson <
hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't understand why on earth your are mailing the PHP *internal
> >> developer mailinglist* with this matter?
> >>
> >> If you have any improvement suggestions for the documentations:
> >> https://edit.php.net
> >>
> >> -Hannes
> >

> > I've seen the docs discussed on this list plenty of times.  We do
> maintain
> > those as well as the code, after all.  Unless you're proposing changing
> the
> > name of this list to *internal code developer mailinglist*, then I really
> > don't think there's reason to get butthurt over it.
>
> I cannot say I have seen a single patch from you to the documentations.
> And every subproject of PHP.net has its own list, in this case
> php...@lists.php.net
>
> And yes. That is _exactly_ what this list is for; the internal code.
>
> This list gets crapload of weird spam, and there are very few people
> from phpdoc@ that have the time to read all threads here to spot doc
> discussions.
>
> Use the correct list.
>
> -Hannes

....And how much spam was added by your whining about my spam, hmm?  If you
were so concerned about keeping traffic down, one would think you'd have
sent a private email instead of complaining to the entire list.

And yes, I have contributed to the man pages in the past.  Not as
frequently as I'd like, but this is part of my effort to improve on that
record.  Your hostility is hardly constructive in that regard.

There are topics that can be appropriate for multiple lists.  This is one
of them.  As I said, there is precedent for people discussing the website
on this list and, unless I'm mistaken, there's no documented policy
actually excluding internal development of the website from this list.

But anyway, I've been criticized for letting myself get dragged into public
pissing matches on this list before, so I'll bite my tongue and terminate
the conversation here if there's nothing new to add.  You've expressed your
opinion and I've expressed mine; if you'd like to bicker with me some more,
please send me a private email so everybody else doesn't have to read it.

--Kris