On 05/08/12 22:03, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa wrote:
On 05/08/12 20:56, Andrew Faulds wrote:
On 05/08/12 19:44, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa wrote:
On 05/08/12 20:36, Andrew Faulds wrote:
On 05/08/12 19:33, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa wrote:
On 05/08/12 12:39, Andrew Faulds wrote:

Great, but couldn't you type some command which would screw it up, by accident?
What do you mean?

Say your implementation uses some global variable called $history.
Not global variables but class attributes.

Now say I type "$history = [];" at the interactive prompt. Won't that break it?
Of course not. We read chars one by one on stdin. If a mapping is detected, then we call the associated callable. The line is never executing/evaluating as a PHP code (except if this is what you want obviously).
Eh? I thought PHP interactive evaluated the code? What's the use of only being able to use functions?
The code I presented only replace the readline functionnality (like Linenoise does). Then you can evaluate the code with the help of a temporary file, FastCGI & co., I don't know ;-).

Best regards :-).
Oh sorry, I got confused. I see.
--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

PhD. student at DISC/Femto-ST (Vesontio) and INRIA (Cassis)
http://disc.univ-fcomte.fr/  andhttp://www.inria.fr/

Member of HTML and WebApps Working Group of W3C
http://w3.org/

--
Andrew Faulds
http://ajf.me/