On 20/08/12 02:01, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> I would still like to understand what this generator keyword would
> actually do. I don't see how it would work. Would a function marked
> generator somehow not be allowed to return normally or to finish and not
> return anything? How could this be enforced? I am completely against any
> keyword that is essentially documentation-only.
>
> -Rasmus
Given that such function could "return several times", seems a different
enough function type to have its keyword.
You could not decorate it and rely instead on the presence of the yield
keyword, but parsers will thank knowing about it from the start rather
than realising at mid-parsing that the function is a completely
different beast.

Regards