hi Stas,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The spl ext has exceptions all around, so if would count spl as "core", we
>> have exceptions in the core already, so it would be ok to add more
>> exceptions where appropriate.
>
> SPL is not a part of basic language syntax. There are no SPL keywords
> and no SPL classes used unless you explicitly instantiate those classes.
> So SPL is different.

End users do not see nor buy the difference between what is Zend/ or
what is ext/spl (or other) and can't be disabled, like SPL.

I really think we should consider exceptions, step by step, for the
language itself, when it makes sense. And the generators RFC is one
case where exceptions make sense (no cross discussion posting, only
for the record here).

Cheers,
--
Pierre