On 10/8/12 1:07 PM, Denis Portnov wrote:
08.10.2012 15:52, Clint Priest пишет:
     public $Hours {
         get { return $this->Seconds / 3600; }
         set { $this->Seconds = $value; }
isset<http://www.php.net/isset> { return isset<http://www.php.net/isset>($this->Seconds); } unset<http://www.php.net/unset> { unset<http://www.php.net/unset>($this->Seconds); }
     }

Hi Clint,

I've noticed some magic variable '$value' is introduced. And except for superglobals I guess there is no such thing in PHP, so it looks bit puzzling to me. I'd suggest on of the following:

- setter resambles setter method, wich also allows typehinting
    public $Hours {
        set ($value) { $this->Seconds = $value * 3600; }
    }

    public $Hours {
set (DateTime $dateTime) { $this->Seconds = $dateTime->getTimestamp(); }
    }

This seems like the cleanest method, in my opinion. Javascript does this for object prototypes:
http://ejohn.org/blog/javascript-getters-and-setters/

What do you think?

Thanks
Denis